Rehabilitation after Release of Stiff Elbow
Release of Stiff Elbow (Arthrolysis Open or Endoscopic)
- Post traumatic elbow stiffness
- Post operative elbow stiffness
Immediate post op
- Passive ROM under Physio Supervision for 3/7 if block is working
- Immediate active ROM if nil block within limits of pain (to point of mild stretch) in all directions
- Continue with active ROM in all directions
- Introduce resistance program if required
- If nil progress made with ROM discuss with consultant
Warning: Overuse / over activity / over zealous physiotherapy stretching can cause increase swelling, and pain so slow down if this occurs. Use ice and ensure adequate pain relief. If there is no swelling present warmth can be considered for pain relief.
To print this page click here.